Keeping your pet parasite-free not only keeps your pet healthy and happy, but it also keeps you and your family healthy! These pesky critters not only spread bacteria and disease but can also cause lifelong problems for your pet and family.
Internal parasites can cause diarrhea, anemia, and other health complications not only for your pet, but for you as well. Annual testing will help determine which course of treatment your pet needs depending on the results. Some of the more common intestinal parasites include:
Heartworms are spread through the bite of an infected mosquito. Heartworms not only affect the heart, but lungs, kidneys, and liver as well. Once infected, treatment is extremely expensive and can be hard on your dog. Annual testing during your pet’s wellness visit is recommended.
Year-round parasite prevention is the easiest way to ensure your pet is protected. We offer a variety of products sold in-house or through our online pharmacy.
- Heartgard Plus – A monthly chewable that protects against Heartworms, hookworms, and roundworms.
- Proheart 6 – Injectable that gives 6 months of protection.
- Revolution – (CATS AND DOGS) Topical applied monthly that treats fleas, ticks, heartworms, ear mites, and internal parasites.
- Trifexis – Combination chewtab that protects against heartworm, flea, and internal parasites.
- Seresto Collar – (CATS AND DOGS) 6-8 month protection against fleas and ticks
- Bravecto – Chewable given every 3 months that protects against fleas and ticks.
- Frontline Gold – Topical applied monthly that protects against fleas and ticks.
- NexGuard – Monthly chewable that protects against fleas and ticks.